Sunday, October 15, 2006

I see stupid people...they don't even know they're stupid...

I turn on the TV and one question comes to mind- What is up with all these polls from CNN to MSNBC about how bad the Republican Party is going to get beat this November and then in 2008? CNN reported that “about half of Americans think Hastert should resign” and again with the Liberal Media I must call Bull Shit. The article painted a picture for the reader that over half of all Americans think that Hastert should resign. Over half, think about that one for a while and then notice they only polled a little over 1,000 people. I’m sorry no one contacted me, what about you?

Reading through the polls on CNN.com (released Monday, October 9, 2006 at 4pm), I see questions from George W. Bush’s handling as President to which party you would vote for as of today.

To keep this post short and sweet, I will not rant and rave about each and every poll question but one that stood out the most in my mind was a question that should completely discredit and debunk those individuals who were polled. Here is the question:

Next, we’d like to get your overall opinion of some people in the news. As I read each name, please say if you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of these people—or if you have never heard of them. (Rotated)

Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert
Democratic House Leader Nancy Pelosi
Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid
Senate Republican Leader Bill Frist

36% of those polled had not heard of or had no opinion of Dennis Hastert and Bill Frist meaning that about 370 of those polled did not have a clue about those Republican members they were condemning. It gets better though in that Nancy Pelosi was at 40% of not being heard of or people having no opinion in regards to her. The winner of all of this is Harry Reid who tallied 49% with 36% of that coming from never heard of while 13% was of no opinion.

This proves the old statement true that Democratic candidates represent the stupid people in our society. To think that many of those polled will be voting this November and will be casting votes for people that they have not heard of nor have no opinion of. This is why I believe we (Republican Party) win come November.

2 Comments:

At October 16, 2006 1:10 AM, Blogger The Tip Blog said...

I totally agree with you. These people no doubt look at demographics and go where their friends are.

I have been polled ONLY once...and only because I was at my parents' house when they called and no one was home. It wasn't quite a poll about Congress..it was "were you going to vote in the next election". That's it.

I'd like them to run these polls amongst military servicemen and in conservative states. We'll see what kind of results we get next. I'm just sick of those results influencing all of those weak-minded, impressionable kids out there with their newly-acquired right to vote.

 
At October 17, 2006 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you, classified logic. Who do they poll, anyway? I've never been polled. As Rod Jetton said, the Republicans are out there working...

I'm not sure if people are stupid or just ignorant of the facts--or a combo of the 2. Let's get some yard signs printed up that say "Don't forget to vote Wed. Nov. 8" and see what happens. Couldn't hurt could it?

MO Supreme court just struck down the ID requirement law. That just burns me. The only dissenter was Stephen Limbaugh (you can always count on those boys to have some sense). You have to show ID to open a bank account, write a check, rent videos, etc. Why not to vote? It's not that hard to get one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home