Sunday, October 08, 2006

'Spin Writing 101' taught to you by AP writers...

I am seeing more and more stories presented by the media with increasing demands to sway the public opinion just weeks before the upcoming election. The article I am referencing to can be linked here and the target is, in my opinion, an attempt by this writer (Liz Sidoti) to persuade Republican moms to switch their vote from the GOP to the Democratic Party. The feeling being that, "Everyone else is doing it, why not you?"

The mothers that Sidoti targeted were definitely misinformed to say the least as they were simply taking Liberal talking points and bringing them forth. There was mention of the economy tanking (which is not true), people not having money (I know plenty of people who have money because they spend wisely or should I say save wisely), problems with Hurricane Katrina (first starts with the local Government- Shame on Ray Nagin), problems with terrorism continuing on (terrorism will always be a way of life as we know it ever since 9/11). I am not trying to write poorly of these women but they, just like Jane Fonda, do not speak for the majority of women throughout the United States. If Sidoti would have tried harder I am sure she would not have been hardpressed to find women who remain behind the Republican Party.

One other thing about the article, Sidoti mentions the Democrats being able to win back control of the House and the Senate, but they fail to remember that they must maintain the seats they already have. Do I believe the Democratic Party will take back control, nope.

4 Comments:

At October 08, 2006 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may be in denial...
Maybe you havent been a single mom raising two kids lately
Maybe you havent had someone you love lose hope because stem cells cant be used.
Maybe you watch to much Fox News.I think the Republican party should live what they preach.A little more talk and a lot less action at the expense of our boys.

 
At October 08, 2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Diego said...

I know plenty of single moms who have raised kids and not relied upon the Government, my dad died when I was young and my mom got tough and got two jobs, sometimes three to help make ends meet.

Embryonic stem cell is what I assume you are talking about, which has proven to be ineffective thus far, almost 30 years of research and NOT one success found. Adult stem cell has been successful but not embryonic.

 
At October 08, 2006 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a stay at home mom of 3. I left my job because of the great economy under Bush. I am out there campaigning my behind off for the GOP. I don't know one single person who has changed parties in the last 2 years. I want to know how many people this reporter interviewed before she got the answers that she wanted.

True, we may not always be happy with the way things are going, but instead of voting for a Dem, we contact our Senators & Congressmen to tell them we aren't happy. It works out much better that way. Elected officials tend to listen to their supporters--even when they disagree.

Embryonic stem cells are a hoax. It is about companies and universities obtaining patents on lines they develop. I have a BS with a triple major in chemistry, biochemistry, & biology along with a postgraduate degree (so I didn't leave a 'flunky' job to stay at home). I have done the research and embryonic stem cell research is not where the promise lies. Adult and umbilical stem cells are much more useful--for starters, they don't cause tumors like the embryonic ones. Killing embryos, paying women for eggs, and creating life just to destroy it is not the direction that we need to go. If it's OK to kill embryos 'for the greater good', then why not harvest organs from death row or life without parole prisoners? It would be for the greater good.

 
At October 09, 2006 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great comment from Gov. Matt Blunt today:

"We have recently discovered that Christopher Columbus was the first liberal Democrat. He had no idea where he was, and he had no idea where he was going."

We got a chuckle out of it anyway...

I find it amusing that we have a national holiday for someone who got lost and thought they were in India. Shouldn't we have Amerigo Vespucci (sp?) day instead? Just a thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home