Thursday, September 21, 2006

Stand by YOUR Man...

Conservative-Majority would love to give a heartfelt ‘Amen’ to Representative Charles Rangel. In case you missed it, here is his quote

“An attack on Bush is an attack on all Americans… ‘You do not come into my country, my congressional district, and you do not condemn my President. If there is any criticism of President Bush, it should be restricted to Americans, whether they voted for him or not. I just want to make it abundantly clear to Hugo Chavez or any other president, do not come to the United States and think because we have problems with our president that any foreigner can come to our country and not think that Americans do not feel offended when you offend our Chief of State’…”


Conservative-Majority would also love to give a heartfelt ‘Are you feeling okay’ to Nancy Pelosi. In case you’ve been hiding under a rock lately, Pelosi, one of President Bush's fiercest political opponents at home, took his side on Thursday

"Hugo Chavez fancies himself a modern day Simon Bolivar but all he is an everyday thug,"… “Hugo Chavez abused the privilege that he had, speaking at the United Nations…”


Talk about questioning whether hell is freezing over as I type this, here is two Democrats, one from New York (Rangel) and the other is from California (Pelosi) actually defending our President. You know the very same President the Democratic Party keeps telling us, “Bush lied, People died”.

The way I look at it is this, Chavez’s comments are going to make a lot of Americans angry and it just so happens that Pelosi is trying to become the next Speaker of the House. If I was a gambling man I would put my money that Pelosi is using this to gain more votes in her November Election bid than to actually defend our President. Keep in mind Conservative-Majority readers, Democrats in the past three years have not been too far off of Chavez for what they have said about OUR Commander-in-Chief.

5 Comments:

At September 21, 2006 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost fell out of my chair earlier today when I read on the DrudgeReport that both Rangel and Pelosi were denouncing what Chavez said about Bush. At first I thought Drudge was having a bit of fun. Everyone on both sides of the aisles should denounce what was said. We have a tinhorned dictator setting foot on our soil and bad mouthing our President. I'm not the biggest fan of Bush. He has the makings of another liberal in my eyes... same with McCain and the other RINOs.

But, I tried to be fair when I thought about the situation... I imagined that Clinton was still in office for a brief second (God forbid), would I have wanted those things said about Clinton by a thug like Chavez? No.

For a brief moment, after reading about Rangel and Pelosi and their comments denouncing Chavez... I felt like we were united again...much like after 9/11. I am assuming this lovefest will subside soon. Ah it was good while it lasted.

 
At September 21, 2006 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diego,

I must say that I think you are right on yet again! The only way Democrats will publicly support "W" is if it will benefit them in some sort of way, shape or form.

You have to question how many Democrats are silently agreeing with the comments of Chavez and you're right when you stated Democrats have been saying the same thing only using different words to go about it.

 
At September 21, 2006 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's kind of similar to the idea that it's OK for you to talk about how crazy your family is, but the minute someone else says something bad about your family, you're ready to punch them in the face.o

Shouldn't it be OK for Democrats, who after all are American citizens, to be critical of the President? After all, wasn't it OK for Republicans to be critical of Clinton? It's expected. That's what the two party system is all about. Partisanship. Good old fashioned American partisanship. That's democracy. God bless us, every one!

Of course people are going to be critical of foreign leaders going over the top in mocking our President. We all have the right to do that, but they don't! We are all Americans and we are going to come together to defend ourselves when attacked. Witness the amazing unity our country had after 9/11.

So I don't see this as much a political maneuver as Americans defending their own.

Of course, I'm a wacky liberal...

 
At September 25, 2006 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are all aggnorant assholes, hate to admit it.

 
At September 25, 2006 5:58 AM, Blogger Diego said...

Please elaborate on that more?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home