Sunday, October 29, 2006

Three things on my mind...

I only have a few topics on my mind tonight, obviously one is the upcoming Election, also Michael J. Fox admitting he was unfamiliar with Amendment 2 from the State of Missouri, while the other is why people feel it necessary for blog censorship especially when an individual or individuals disagree with what they (the blog poster) have written.

First, with just about nine days left until November 7th, the Republicans and Democrats have turned to overdrive when it comes to campaigning efforts in an attempt to gain more votes for the upcoming Election. As has been the case for the last several months, U.S. withdrawal from Iraq, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld’s called resignation by Democrats and select Republicans, as well as a Republican conspiracy has been the hot topics in almost all Election discussions across the Country.

Let’s be honest, this is getting truly ugly the closer we get, and I cannot imagine what the 2008 Presidential Election campaigns will be like. Obviously I support the Republican Party whole heartedly and I am becoming more and more irritated with the smear tactics used by the Democrats to affect voter opinion as well as voter turnout. My dad gave me some useful advice one time saying, “If you ever want to know about your family history, just run for a political office.” How true is that? Last thing on this tonight is Democrats are talking about needing 15 seats to win control of the House and 6 seats to claim the Senate, could someone please explain to them that they need not assume they are going to maintain every other seat they currently occupy.

Second, the entire Michael J. Fox fiasco has taken a new turn, or would that be twitch? He participated in an interview with George Stephanopoulos and was quoted as saying,

“…You know, I campaigned for Claire McCaskill. And so I have to qualify it by saying I’m not qualified to speak on the page-to-page content of the initiative. Although, I am quite sure that I’ll agree with it in spirit, I don’t know, I – On full disclosure, I haven’t read it, and that’s why I didn’t put myself up for it distinctly.”

Exactly why did he lie then when he said that Senator Jim Talent did not support stem cell research? Remember, in Missouri stem cell research is legal and is studied at many state universities throughout the state. However, McCaskill viewed this as an opportunity to smear Talent at the expense of having someone that everyone knew as a famous actor. From Missourian’s reactions (from a previous trip), McCaskill’s ploy should be unsuccessful especially after word and proof surfaced she lied about a voting record which aired in a campaign ad directed to negatively impact Senator Jim Talent.

Third thing is just me thinking out loud in which I find it amazing that I have been silenced on a Liberal blog (www.internationalpoliticalwill.com) simply because I have posed questions to what he has written, however, my questions cannot be answered by the owner, Wil Morat, because he can only use Liberal sound byte talking points. If there are any liberals out here who can shed light on why this tactic is used, please let me know…I guess though I have grown accustomed to being able to back up EVERYTHING that I write. Ok, not everything but 99.8%.

2 Comments:

At October 30, 2006 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like RUSH was right after all as usual... Michael J Fox was faking something -- his knowlege of Amendment 2 in Missouri.

 
At October 30, 2006 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for stating the obvious and reinforcing what we already know to be true.

However, I don't think that advice given by your father applies if you are a dem---look at Webb in VA. That man has taken nastiness to a new level in his books, but this is just coming out now?!? As Sean Hannity said, you couldn't get elected to the school board if you were a Republican writing this stuff.

Keep up the good work, my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home