Wednesday, July 26, 2006

MO can't get off the ground...


TV "star" Mo'Nique was kicked off a United Airlines flight on Sunday following a disagreement with a flight attendant and is now trying to play the "RACE" card.

In the article from www.nydailynews.com, Mo says, "I felt like I was being treated like an animal, This happens to black people all the time, and they don't have a voice. I have a voice."

Now that's kind of funny, I could have sworn people of Middle East descent have been saying the same thing only about their race.

There are conflicting statements from the article such as a Flight Attendant telling Mo, "Tell your people that the next time they have an attitude, they are being thrown off...Since 9/11, we don't play around". Then there is the "officer" who was black and on her side, proclaiming, "You can't do this to her".

According to a spokesperson for United, "There was a confrontation involving a customer that caused the flight to be delayed. When a situation occurs on a flight that causes a delay, or disruption, we must act in the best interest of all of our customers".

Mo ended her comments with this quote, "I won't [fly United again], and I hope no other black person will fly them either."

I wonder how long it will be until the ACLU steps in to take her side in this situation. The reason for the confrontation was because the airline was confiscating her hair dryer, apparently Little Debbie snack cakes were stuffed inside. <----Liberals, that was just a joke.

I think it is sad that people try and play the race card in this day and age. With all due respect, I am not racist, but this is how I see it. One job, 2 men. One Black. One White. Black guy goes to the interview with shorts hanging 5 inches below his belly button, hat on backwards, speaking ebonics. White guy goes to the interview in proper attire, speaks with proper English, gets the job. Black guy blames it on his color of skin, blames it on race, blames it on everything other than himself. However, if he would have bought clothes that fit and were appropriate, paid a little more attention in school, he might have gotten that job.

The Race card will always be there and sadly but true it is used as an excuse. An excuse as to why Jerome didn't get that job, flunked out of 10th grade, got busted for drugs, living on the street. The race card is normally only played by black people, I've never heard of a Caucasian complaining about race being in an issue.

Anyway folks, this is a very touchy subject, I want your opinions on it...just want to get a feel for the readers we have...if I come across in a negative manner in any way, please let me know and see if I can rectify the situation.

6 Comments:

At July 26, 2006 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's sad but it is so very true. People always making reasons why they did not achieve this or did not do that.

 
At July 26, 2006 6:09 PM, Blogger kronleo said...

I hate it when race spews into existence for every little thing.

 
At July 26, 2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Diego said...

I could not agree more. People have started using this as a crutch to make excuses for why they fail.

 
At July 27, 2006 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The problem is situations like this make real racial issues seem irrelevant. Conservatives believe nothing is about race, libs believe everything is about race. The fact is some things are about race and some things aren't. There still is discrimination in the US; this is NOT one of those examples. To think that there isn't discrimination is to be blind and ignorant. But, to act out in a manner when clearly there is no racial issue, demeans the idea that some things can be racial discrimination. The problem lies in the fact that now a days, we don't know the difference.

 
At July 27, 2006 4:08 PM, Blogger Diego said...

Looking at an older dictionairy, Racism was described as "A belief in the inherent, genetic superiority of one race of people over another and a belief in the right of the superior group to dominate that racial group believed to be inferior."

With that said, you can dislike an individual or even a group without feeling as if you are genetically superior to them. You can be petrified of them, tell jokes about them, hide from them...all without adopting a believe that you are superior genetically...all without being racist.

In my opinion, something that separates blacks and whites in America is based on culture, not genetics or skin color.

 
At July 29, 2006 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people just don't get it. You don't mess around with the airlines since 9/11. Duh.

I personally would hate to feel like I got some job, scholarship, admission to college, etc. because I was a certain sex or race. I worked my behind off to acheive what I have done. I would think that it would cheapen it by having preferential treatment. I dare say the most discrimated against group in the world is the white male.

Angel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home