Monday, November 27, 2006

Get a Free Pass- Join the Hollywood Left...

As I was watching T.V. tonight and seemingly becoming dumber with each minute that passed by, I saw a commercial that intrigued me. The commercial starred Ashley Judd and was an ‘Aids Awareness’ promotion speaking how every 15 seconds a person 15-24 years of age dies from an Aids related epidemic.

Every fifteen seconds? That means that someone just died and another one is on their way. These numbers seem a little inflated to me, I mean we are looking at over two million young folks dying per year. Two million doesn’t seem like a lot until you start adding two million here, two million there, then take into consideration that this pace will only pick up and one day we will all be affected by AIDS. Well, maybe not, but if we listen to the ever knowing Ashley Judd we would believe this, simply because she is an actress and she knows what you and I are not smart enough to know. To me, she’s almost like a female version of Michael J. Fox, well, minus the twitch.

Thinking about these numbers, I only wonder why I never hear people such as Ashley Judd or Selma Hayek speaking out against Abortion. Why do you think that is? I know, out of sight, out of mind, they want to have that feel good about themselves but still be able to have their fun without the responsibilities such as an unwanted pregnancy.

So they speak out about Aids, wanting you to give fifteen cents a day so at the end of the day they can still say they are good people because they care. Do they really care? Do I really need to answer that for you?

4 Comments:

At November 28, 2006 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Screw the Hollywood left. I'm out here with all those nutjobs and they do even crazier things here than most get to watch on television.

Ashley Judd should donate the check she received to do that commercial. IF, she really wants to make a difference.

Like a said, screw them all.

 
At November 28, 2006 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sick of the Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt nonsense too and the 'save the world except for America' BS from most of Hollywood. No offense, insider, but most of CA could fall right off into the Pacific and the world would be no worse off.

Being a celeb does not make you an expert on anything--the only expertise that you have is the ability to entertain.

 
At November 28, 2006 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insider (& Diego too): Glad to see you survived your trip to Cape! I was hoping that the excitement and fast pace of life here wouldn't kill you!

I was busy when you were here last week, but let me know when you'll be here in Dec & we'll have to see about getting together. Friday nights are when the hubby & I have time to go do 'grown up things', so if you are around some Fri in Dec, it would be fun to get together and get to know insider... Would that make me a celebrity or just almost famous?

 
At November 28, 2006 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You drove?!? Why? I just assumed that being the jet setter you are, you flew. I'm flying out west next week, I hope this cold front pushes right on through. If I've got skis strapped to my feet, I'm fine with the cold, but otherwise, I hate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home