Sunday, December 03, 2006

Racial Profiling is merely Stereotyping brought forth by Liberals...

Airport officials have announced that they’re considering setting aside private areas for prayer and meditation at the request of imams concerned of the removal of Muslim clerics from a U.S. Airways flight last week.

To be honest I have mixed emotions about this especially after the events of 9/11. In our society we have grown fearful of Muslims in the fact that Americans are afraid what happened on September 11th, 2001 could happen again. The clerics said that when they pray, they do not want a problem but it is out of the norm when these ‘devout Muslims’ lay down their prayer rugs and kneel on the floors at airports.

I respect that because in all honesty not all Muslims are terrorists just like not all white folks are members of the Ku Klux Klan and not all black folks can rap. However, the stereotypes do exist and we, as people of the World, stereotype everyday. If we see a man who does not look the most masculine in the world, we automatically peg him as gay. If we see a group of black men, many people get nervous, and roll up the windows, lock the doors and we peg them as thugs. If people see a Hispanic person or group, thoughts of illegal immigrants come to mind. Not so is the case in every situation.

This form of stereotyping has been brought forth by Liberals. They are the ones who view people in groups and not as individuals. Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Rich, Poor, etc., yet these same people are the very ones speaking out in regards to ‘racial profiling’, however, racial profiling is nothing more than stereotypes that they (Liberals) have presented.

If a Christian would have confronted Airport officials, what are the chances something would have actually been done about the situation? I am a Christian and this society has taught me that I can pray at any time and at any place. I can pray at home, on my way to work (speaking to the Lord), at work, never once have I thought about asking for a meditation room because chances are I would be looked at funny and told to leave whoever alone. Yet these Muslims get that opportunity to be heard and I believe this is because Liberals respect every Religion except for Christianity.

I think it is great that airports in Nashville, Tennessee; Columbus, Ohio; and Fort Lauderdale, Fla., all advertise meditation rooms and all note they are nonsectarian. The next thing that I see is the Muslims making a push for their own individual prayer rooms and one must consider the Liberal concept, “What you do for one you must do for ALL”.

People speaking out about the Muslims and their ‘suspicious activity’ shows that many Americans have not forgotten the devastation that some in the Muslim religion put on the United States of America. I can honestly say that I too would have my doubts boarding an airplane with Muslims, wondering if this would be my last flight. Call me crazy, call me racist, but just remember the following saying, “Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on ME.”

1 Comments:

At December 03, 2006 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent post Diego. I was hoping you would address the six Imams issue in some fashion here.

The liberals and their PC mentality never cease to amaze me. I ask myself on a daily basis how the #$%^* has it come to this? This PC mentality will bring the end of this great country.

I will stereotype and racial profile as much as I please. No, not in the essence of being a racist. But, when I fly or in other situations - I am aware of my surroundings. 9-11 should have taught us to be vigilant.

I believe these 6 imams were not merely innocent victims of racial profiling. What they were doing didn't make any sense. (Was it a test run? Sure, could have been) Ok, I can make some exceptions for the prayer -- but what was with the seat belt extension?!? That's a red flag there.

Well, even if you want to give them the benefit of the doubt -- keep in mind that it was poor judgement on their part to give the appearance of impropriety.

It's horrible that a religion, ethnicity, etc. does not allow for the modern world. The modern world and those of us who live in it fear groups of people who seek out sitting in exit rows and evenly dispersed in a place, as well as invoking bin Laden, Hussein, etc. That's our modern world. Get use to it. And in so doing, these six imams may be best served by traveling on a donkey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home